- Loomis – is seeking a Coin Wrap/Coin Processor in Ontario, CA. $9.50/hr. plus OT plus benefits. https://www.work4loomis.com
- Busy Manufacturing Facility – is seeking Machine Operators in San Bernardino, CA. $15.00 plus health benefits. Call (909) 296-4090
- Lucas Specialty – is seeking Temp Production Workers; will train, in Fontana, CA. $11.00/hr. Apply at 11105 Redwood Avenue, Fontana, CA. 92337
- Warehouse Selector Positions – in Chino, CA. $15.22-$15.82/hr. Apply at 16081 Fern Avenue, Chino, CA. 91708
- Hospital Housekeepers needed – evening work in Upland, CA. $12.50/hr. Call Michelle Valdez or Ana Garcia (562) 781-7001
- Certified Flood Restoration Tech needed – in Murrieta, CA. Call Manuel (951) 326-5090
- Auto Body Shop Hiring – in the Inland Empire, CA. Call Alex (951) 632-2886
- Material Handler Warehouse Positions Open – in Perris, CA. $10.50-$11.50/hr. Call (951) 823-0023
- Ranch Muffler and Truck Accessories – is seeking a Suspension/Hitch/Truck Accessories Installer in Temecula, CA. Call (951) 676-4043
- Flood Care Tech needed – in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. $13.00/hr. Apply at 3001 Red Hill Avenue, Bldg. #220, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Coronado Stone Products, a Unique Employee Based Company (that includes parolees and others who may need a second chance) – is seeking a Licensed Electrician and General Laborers in Fontana, CA. Apply in person 11191 Calabash Avenue, Fontana, CA 92337. indeed.com
- Pro Sites – is seeking an SEO Content Writer in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- The Village Hemet – is seeking an Administrative Assistant-Health Care Center in Hemet, CA. indeed.com
- Premier Demonstrator Staffing – is seeking a (F/T) Traveling Sales Person (Costco Moreno Valley, CA) in Moreno Valley, CA. indeed.com
- Riverside Transit Agency – is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator in Riverside, CA. $21.78-$30.49/hr. indeed.com
- Sears, Roebuck and Co. – is seeking an Office Associate in Hemet, CA. indeed.com
- Nike – is seeking a Seasonal Athlete in Lake Elsinore, CA. indeed.com
- Customs and Border Protection – is seeking a Border Patrol Agent (Direct Hire) in the United States. $40,511.00-$50,639.00k/yr. indeed.com
- California Conservation Corps (CCC) – is seeking an Energy Field Trainee in Fallbrook, CA. $1600-$1700/mo. indeed.com
- WinCo Foods – is seeking a Variety Stocker in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Pro Sites, Inc. – is seeking a Digital Account Specialist in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Department of the Navy – is seeking a Program Support Assistant (OS) in Camp Pendleton, CA. $40,404.00-$58,373.00k/yr. indeed.com
- H & M – is seeking a Sales Advisor in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Sprouts Farmers Market – is seeking a Grocery Clerk in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- CBS Radio – is seeking a Promotion Assistant in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Personal Ventures – is seeking a Personal Marketing Assistant in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Barnes & Noble – is seeking a Book Seller Temp in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Pechanga Resort and Casino – is seeking a Utility Crew in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- United States Postal Services – is seeking a Holiday Clerk Assistant in Temecula Valley, CA. $16.98/hr. indeed.com
- United States Postal Service – is seeking a City Carrier Assistant in Temecula Valley, CA. $16.41/hr. indeed.com
- Islander, Inc. – is seeking a Social Media Specialist in Temecula, CA. indeed.com
- Inland Empire Rescue Mission – is seeking a Rescue Mission General Manager (GM) in Corona, CA. $50,000.00-$60,000.00k/yr. indeed.com
- Andre Landscape Services, Inc. – is seeking a Land Care Team Member in the Inland Empire, CA. indeed.com
- Child Care Resource Center – is seeking a Program Assistant in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- Car Max – is seeking a Buyer Assistant in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- NACA – is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist in Upland, CA. $24,900.00-$29,100.00k/yr. indeed.com
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America – is seeking a College Registrar in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- Yogurtime – is seeking Help in Upland, CA. indeed.com
- Little Scholars, LLC – is seeking a (P/T) In-School Field Trip Teacher in Ontario, CA. $25.00/hr. indeed.com
- Under Armour – is seeking an Operations Support Team Mate-Team 4 in Rialto, CA. indeed.com
- Prime Healthcare Services HQ – is seeking a Coder Auditor Trainee in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Worldwide Business Ventures, Inc. – is seeking an Administrative Assistant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. $12.00-$14.00/hr. indeed.com
- Amazon Fulfillment Services – is seeking a (F/T) Warehouse Associate in Eastvale, CA. $12.26/hr. indeed.com
- Sing Tao Newspaper (Los Angeles) – is seeking a News Reporter in Industry, CA. indeed.com
- La Salle Medical Associates – is seeking a Call Center Rep in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- Crossmark – is seeking a Walmart Retail Merchandiser in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. indeed.com
- MSA International, Inc. – is seeking a (P/T) paid Internship in Brea, CA. indeed.com
- Barnes & Noble – is seeking a Children’s Lead Book Seller in Chino Hills, CA. indeed.com
- Foothill Primary Care – is seeking a Medical Billing Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. indeed.com
- Southwest Mobile Storage – is seeking a Shop Time Keeper in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. $12.00/hr. indeed.com
- Telecom Solutions – is seeking a Management Trainee in Pomona, CA. $42,000.00-$56,000.00k/yr. indeed.com
- Prime Healthcare Services HQ – is seeking a Paralegal in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Safeway Electric – is seeking a Payroll/Purchasing Assistant in Colton, CA. indeed.com
- Fox Valley Technical College – is seeking a Retention Coordinator in Riverside, CA. indeed.com
- San Bernardino County – is seeking a Medical Emergency Planning Specialist in San Bernardino, CA. $25.32-$34.81/hr. indeed.com
- Urban Conservation Corps of the Inland Empire – is seeking a Corps Member in San Bernardino, CA. $10.50/hr. indeed.com
- Bail Connection – is seeking a Bail Agent/Posting Agent in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. $30,000.00-$45,000.00k/yr. indeed.com
- Progressive Management Systems – is seeking an Analyst in West Covina, CA. indeed.com
- Loomis – is seeking a Driver/Messenger/Assistant in Ontario, CA. $13.00-$14.25/hr. indeed.com
- Horizon Personnel Services – is seeking Help in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency – is seeking a Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator in Chino, CA. $26.23-$47.69/hr. indeed.com
- Computer Annex USA – is seeking Help in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Quinn Group – is seeking a Management Trainee in Riverside, CA. indeed.com
- Cardenas #33 – is seeking Help in Riverside, CA. indeed.com
- Appliance Installation and Service Corp. – is seeking a Warehouse Worker in San Bernardino, CA. $17.00-$21.00/hr. indeed.com
- Cal-Duct, Inc. – is seeking an Office Assistant in Bloomington, CA. $10.50/hr. indeed.com
- Morrison Supply Company – is seeking a Driver in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Silverhawk Plastering – is seeking Hod Carriers/Helpers in Covina, CA. $100.00-$150.00/ a day. indeed.com
- Loma Linda University Shared Services – is seeking a Health Policy Analyst in Loma Linda, CA. indeed.com
- Precision Ceramics Dental Labs – is seeking a Customer Service Rep in Montclair, CA. indeed.com
- Harold and Associates, LLC – is seeking a General Clerk II in Norco, CA. www.indeed.com
- Barnes & Noble – is seeking a Head Cashier (F/T) in Montclair, CA. indeed.com
- Maury Microwave Corporation – is seeking a Tool Crib Attendant in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Forward Furnace, Inc. – is seeking a Sales Person in Montclair, CA. $2,000.00-$2,500.00/mo. indeed.com
- Niagara Bottling Co. – is seeking a Strategic Planning Intern in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Tele Tech – is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist I in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Regal Entertainment Group – is seeking Floor Staff in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- Freestone Optometric Center – is seeking a Scheduler in Rialto, CA. indeed.com
- licious – is seeking Help in Chino Hills, CA. www.indeed.com
- R. Horton, Inc. – is seeking a Design Center Coordinator in Corona, CA. www.indeed.com
- Otto International, Inc. – is seeking a Merchandise Assistant (Wholesale Apparel) in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- International Vitamin Corporation – is seeking a Jr. Forecaster in Mira Loma, CA. indeed.com
- Morningside Recovery, LLC – is seeking a Copy Writer for Behavioral Health Facility in Irvine, CA. $35,000.00-$40,000.00k/yr. indeed.com
- New Life Foster Family Agency – is seeking a (F/T)/Flex Social Worker in the Inland Empire, CA. indeed.com
- Mission Healthcare Services, Inc. – is seeking a Scheduling coordinator in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Puritan Medical Equipment – is seeking an Intake Person in Glendora, CA. $11.00-$12.00/hr. indeed.com
- Telecare Corporation – is seeking a Unit Clerk On-Call in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- United States Postal Services – is seeking a Casual (CED) in San Bernardino, CA. $15.00/hr. indeed.com
- Spray Enclosure Technologies, Inc. – is seeking a Design Draftsman in Rialto, CA. $14.00-$16.00/hr. indeed.com
- Target – is seeking a Seasonal Packer in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Thompson Pipe Group – is seeking a Laborer/Patcher in Rialto, CA. indeed.com
- Lot Worx – is seeking a Skilled Laborer in San Bernardino, CA. indeed.com
- Pinata Staffing – is seeking Labor in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Seldat – is seeking a Drayage Dispatcher in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Dependable Highway Express – is seeking a PM Dispatch Clerk in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- APL Logistics – is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Assistant in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Schneider National – is seeking a Customer Service Rep in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Baselite Corporation – is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Chino, CA. $12.50/hr. indeed.com
- Ground Services International, Inc. – is seeking a Material Handler in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- TKC Holdings – is seeking a Shipping Staff in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Keefe Group – is seeking a Shipping Staff in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- Shivnet, Inc. – is seeking a Packaging Associate in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Spectrum Brands – is seeking a Production Worker in Mira Loma Linda, CA. indeed.com
- Sundt Construction, Inc. – is seeking Labor in Pomona, CA. indeed.com
- GRG Pool – is seeking a Mason Laborer in Chino Hills, CA. indeed.com
- PJ Dreamwear, Inc. – is seeking a Shipping Coordinator in Orange, CA. indeed.com
- Hussmann – is seeking an Order Puller in Chino, CA. indeed.com
- General Micro Systems, Inc. – is seeking a Materials Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. indeed.com
- DSV – is seeking a Project Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. indeed.com
- Rite Staff, Inc. – is seeking an Experienced Carpentry Laborer in Corona, CA. $13.00-$16.00/hr. indeed.com
- Flexsteel Industries, Inc. – is seeking a Furniture Packer in Riverside, CA. $12.75-$13.75/hr. indeed.com
- KeHe Distributors – is seeking a Warehouse Selector in Chino, CA. indeed.com
- NFI Industries – is seeking an Order Selector in Chino, CA. indeed.com
- Goodwill Southern California – is seeking a Material Handler I in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Multi Sales Company – is seeking a General Warehouse Laborer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. $13.00-$15.00/hr. indeed.com
- Phoenix Group – is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Person in Corona, CA. $11.00-$12.00/hr. indeed.com
- Steris – is seeking a Warehouse Assistant I in Ontario, CA. indeed.com
- Non-Profit Organization – is seeking a Shipping Specialist in Santa Ana, CA. $16.00-$20.00/hr. indeed.com
- Made Goods – is seeking a Jr. Shipping Clerk in Industry, CA. indeed.com
- Flour Fusion Wholesale, Inc. – is seeking Packers and Packagers in Perris, CA. indeed.com
- Lineage Logistics – is seeking an Order Picker in Hunter Park, CA. indeed.com
- Crestwood Construction – is seeking General Labor in Redlands, CA. indeed.com
- Sync Staffing – is seeking Picking/Packing and Unloading Workers in Chino, CA. indeed.com
- PakLab – is seeking a Material Handler in Chino, CA. $13.00/hr. indeed.com
- Workforce Development – is seeking a Shop Laborer/Machine Operator in Fontana, CA. indeed.com
- US Foods – is seeking a Warehouse Selector, Night in Riverside, CA. indeed.com
- Roto-Rooter – is seeking a Field Laborer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. indeed.com
- Excellent Opto, Inc. – is seeking a Warehouse Clerk in Pomona, CA. $27,500.00-$35,500.00k/yr. indeed.com
SAN BERNARDINO, CA- Provisional Educational Services (PAL), Incorporated has received a 5-year grant from the U. S. Department of Education (USDE) to operate an Upward Bound TRIO program at the PAL Center in San Bernardino. Upward Bound is a college preparatory program that selects 9th to 12th grade, low income, first generation students and assists them to graduate from high school and enroll in a post-secondary educational program. Upward Bound programs are usually operated by colleges and universities on their campuses. According to PAL Center CEO, Dwaine Radden, the PAL Center will select 60 students, in conjunction with San Bernardino High School, to enroll in the highly successful program.
The tradition of federally funded community based TRIO educational services at PAL began with a USDE Talent Search TRIO program which provided college preparatory services for 1005 middle school students in 1995. The PAL Center’s 2002 Upward Bound program also serviced students in the Rialto and Fontana Unified School Districts. In 2017, the PAL Charter Academy High School has expanded to include middle school grades 6-8, on campuses in Muscoy and San Bernardino. High school students will again receive Upward Bound college preparatory services through the recently awarded USDE Federal grant.
The Upward Bound program will be added to several other services at the PAL Center. The PAL Charter Academy School offers a State of California Department of Education (CDE) curriculum leading to a high school diploma and vocational skills training. The WIOA Youth Employment Project provides vocational skill training and job placement for San Bernardino City youth ages 16-24. The WIOA II Program is an Adult Literacy Skills program providing a high school diploma or GED. Probation/Children & Family Services Tutoring provides educational services for referred youth in the probation system. PAL Work Study Program allows qualifying students to simultaneously attend PAL Academy, work, and attend community college. College Readiness, funded by the CDE, is designed to increase the number of students enrolling and completing a post-secondary education in 4 years. Career Technical Education (CTE) develops career pathways and technical education that teaches skills to transition to employment and secondary education. CTE at the PAL Academy includes Construction, Audio Visual/Media, Explorer Program, Culinary Arts, and other career development activities. The PAL Charter Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Additional Information may be obtained by calling the PAL Center at 909-887-7002.
By Charlene Muhammad | California Black Media
LOS ANGELES – New America Media, the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, and the Advancement Project California hosted a panel discussion at the Japanese Cultural Center on the stakes and risks of the 2020 Census, and why California counts.
The event was part a collaborative effort among statewide non-profit organizations convened to help educate policymakers and community leaders about the policies and government investments needed for a fair and accurate count in 2020, according to sponsors of the Oct. 6 gathering.
Decisions being made by Congress and the Trump Administration will determine whether planning and funding for the 2020 Census are sufficient for a fair and accurate count, but already, Trump’s 2018-2019 budget request was already woefully inadequate and unrealistic, the non-profit advocates charged in a Census and California fact sheet.
“Necessary testing has already been cut back due to lack of sufficient funds. The window for the administration and Congress to prevent a failed 2020 Census is narrowing quickly,” the document indicated.
“California’s more than 2.5 million young children are especially at risk of being missed. Black and Hispanic children have the highest undercounts of any age group. Sixteen California cities rank in the top 100 places with the highest number and percent of children under the age of 5 living in hard-to-count census tracts,” the fact sheet continued.
Advocates have prioritized ensuring there is sufficient funding in the 2018-2019 budget for outreach efforts, and that a committee of trusted, experienced organizational leaders is established to ensure hard-to-count populations are reached. They are also working to provide local governments with similar populations participate in a program established by Congress to improve the accuracy of the census address lists.
“We are at risk of losing federal funding for programs and political representation in the House in the decade after 2020,” said Dr. John Dobard, manager of Political Voice, Advancement Project California, which advocates for policy and systems changes that foster upward mobility in communities most impacted by racial and economic injustice.
Census data helps determine the allocation of over $600 billion in federal funding and programs to communities across the country, such as Medicaid, nutrition, housing, highway planning and construction, and children’s health insurance, to name a few. It also determines the reapportionment of seats in the House of Representatives, so California needs all residents counted to receive its fair share, Dobard stated.
However, innovations in how the organization will administer the count, shifts in the federal landscape, such as a leadership void at the Census Bureau, and California’s demographics will make that difficult, said Dobard.
As she introduced presenters, Sandy Close, executive director of New America Media, said it was an honor to partner with the groups to forge a better grasp of what’s at stake for California’s communities, and why it feels like the 2020 count is a riskier proposition than it as in 2020.
A threat to an accurate count in the Black community he’s served has been the ability to actually culturally identify Blacks in the state, particularly because of tremendous shifts out of Los Angeles to the Inland Valley of San Bernardino and Riverside County, and other areas, stated Reverend Samuel Casey, executive director, Congregations Organized for Prophetic Engagement.
Another challenge was apathy and getting Blacks to participate, especially when it came to the federal government’s promise of more resources, he said.
Even the question format proves problematic, he said. “In each one of these communities in the Inland Valley, one of the challenges I know there’s going to be is African Americans explicitly identifying as African Americans or Black,” Casey stated.
“There are those who are multi-racial, who would probably prefer to identify as Latino or as Asian, or some other ethnicity, rather than identify as Black, even though we’re familiar with the “One-drop” rule within our nation. If you have one drop of African blood in your system, you are by definition African American and/or Black,” Casey continued.
It will be important to pay attention to the cultural relevance of materials presented, he urged.
Other presenters were Ditas Katague (Chair, U.S. Census Bureau’s National Advisory Committee on Race, Ethnicities and Other Populations), Ofelia Medina (Director of State Civic Engagement Policy with NALEO (National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials) Educational Fund’s Policy Research and Advocacy, Stewart Kwoh (Founding President and Executive Director of Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles), and Dr. Joely Proudfit (Director of California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center, California State University- San Marcos) concurred that distrust of the American government, whether federal, state, or local, would be a major hurdle in getting residents to participate in the count.
“The state quickly realized in 1990, we had a huge undercount of over 800,000 people here in California, and we lost billions of dollars, and we lost getting an additional congressional seat,” Katague stated.
After investing millions of its own money for outreach in 1999 and partnering with ethnic media, California outpaced the entire country by two percentage points in participation, according to Katague.
“California gained an additional congressional seat, which was great … but that was by just 18 people being counted,” she said. She is most worried about the Census Bureau putting funding toward ethnic media advertising campaigns, which have had huge impacts.
Reverend Samuel Casey, Executive Director, Congregations Organized for Prophetic Engagement, discusses challenges and solutions to counting Blacks for the 2020 Census.