Ms. Dorene Dominguez with student tour guides from H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School
Dominguez & Vanir Leadership” – (left to right):
– Ms. Terri Anderson-Cardinal, Program Facilitator, H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School
– Mr. Alejandro Hernandez, Principal, H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School
– Ms. Dorene Dominguez, Chairman, Vanir Foundation
– Ms. Adrienne Cisneros-Selekman, President, Vanir Foundation
SAN BERNARDINO, CA-Dorene Dominguez, Chairman of The Vanir Foundation in Memory of H. Frank Dominguez, San Bernardino Unified School District Superintendent Dr. Dale Marsden and the Vanir Foundation Board of Directors celebrate the grand opening and partnership of the H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School. The festivities included a school adoption by Cross Walk Church, first grade singers, and a special presentation of the H. Frank Dominguez plaque by Dorene Dominguez. After the ceremony, a mariachi band led guests to a reception followed by school tours by Dominguez Elementary school students.
The Vanir Foundation is pleased to announce their new partnership with H. Frank Dominguez Elementary School. As stated by Ms. Dominguez, “Since its inception in 2004, the Vanir Foundation has helped thousands of students by brining academic enrichment programs to our partner schools.” The Vanir Foundation has provided funding for:
- Apple iPad Airs for use of technology in the classroom;
- Science & College focused field trips to enhance learning outside the classroom;
- Honor Roll incentives to encourage student achievement;
- School Uniforms;
- and the highly successful “Engineering is Elementary” Program which exposes students to engineering concepts through a hands-on workshop approach.
This partnership will engage students in learning activities that stress critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills that are required for success in high school graduation, college, career, and life. Principal Alejandro Hernandez said, “We’re a 21st century skills school, planting the seeds of Hope, Inspiration, Knowledge, and Relationships.”
The Vanir Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3), is dedicated to partnering with schools in underserved communities by promoting achievement in math, science, language arts and engaging students in the field of engineering.
For more information and to donate to the Vanir Foundation, please visit www.VanirFoundation.org.