Due to the drought, it’s important to make every drop count. Saving a few gallons every day helps restore our water supply. Here are a few water-saving tips for around the home:
- Washing only full loads of laundry and dishes saves up to 50 gallons per week
- Fixing household leaks promptly saves up to 20 gallons per day
- Taking a five-minute shower saves up to 8 gallons each time
- Turning off the faucet while you brush your teeth saves up to 2.5 gallons per minute
- Buying water-saving devices like high-efficiency toilets, shower heads, clothes and dish washers saves many gallons per day!
Tips for residents and businesses on how to reduce water use inside and outdoors are available at Metropolitan’s conservation website bewaterwise.com®, which also has information about how to apply for several different money-saving/water-saving rebates.